If you’re new to beekeeping we have several links you can explore for relevant information.
- A very helpful resource is the website of the University of Florida’s Honey Bee Research & Extension Lab (HBREL).
- Please visit the Florida Bee Protection page to learn how you can minimze the risks posed to your bees by pesticides.
- Click here to see the most current issue of the Melitto Files, a quarterly newsletter just for Florida beekeepers published by HBREL.
- The webpage of the Florida State Beekeepers Association also has some important links and resources.
- Another important site is the Florida Bureau of Plant & Apiary Inspection.
If you need beekeeping equipment, we recommend that you visit the High Springs branch of Dadant and Son’s Inc.
If you’d like to conveniently assemble multiple frames at once, check out this frame assembly jig from MyOldTools.com
If you want to learn more about bees and beekeeping we encourage you to consider joining one of our local clubs and attending the monthly meetings where you will have access to valuable knowledge and mentoring. Members also have access to our forum on the website where they can ask questions and seek advice about their bees.